What better oil to feature first then lavender! Lavender is the most versatile essential oil. It was made famous by Rene Maurice Gattefosse, who, upon burning his hand in a lab accident, placed it in a container of lavender essential oil. He noticed it immediately relieved the pain. He was also intrigued by how his burned healed – without the usual blistering or scarring. It was at this time that his interest in the healing powers of essential oils was born. Rene Maurice Gattefosse would later be regarded as the father of aromatherapy.
Lavender is calming. It is commonly used to assist with sleep and decrease stress. It helps to relieve muscle aches/pain and headaches. Lavender is also an insect repellant!
Click here to purchase.
Ideas for Use:
- Diffuse 3-5 drops in your essential oil diffuser.
- Soak in a lavender Epsom salt bath to soothe sore muscles. See recipe below.
- Rub diluted lavender essential oil onto neck to relieve tension.
Or try this recipe:
Eucalyptus and Lavendar Bath Salts
- 1 cup Epsom salts
- ¼ cup baking soda
- 10 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- Place Epsom salts in clean mixing bowl.
- Add baking soda to the salts and mix well.
- Add essential oils and mix well.
- Store in a clean glass jar.
- Dissolve approximately ¼- ½ cup of the salt in a warm bath (ensure complete dissolution).